2022 Summer School
Summer School Credit Recovery Registration is now open! Please check your email for the Summer School Registration Form.
- Summer School will run from June 23 to July 22, and August 1 to 19.
- All courses are FREE (no cost).
- Summer School courses are for recovery credit (retake a course that you previously failed).
- Students may register for up to two courses at a time on a first come, first served basis.
- Students will work at their own pace and can work on the course at any time, but must attend one session at David Douglas High School where teacher assistance is available.
- The only grade that can be earned in Credit Recovery is a “C”.
- When complete, students can sign up for another course.
- The NCAA Clearinghouse does not accept David Douglas High School’s credit recovery to satisfy their core requirements.
If you have a specific question, please email your counselor directly.
IRCO Upward Bound
Upward Bound recruits must:
Be in 9th or 10th grade at David Douglas High School
Be interested in going to college after high school.
Have good attendance and mostly A’s and B’s
Be motivated to succeed academically
Need and want year-round help throughout high school
Come from a family in which neither parent has graduated from a 4-year college or come from a low-income family.
Be a U.S. citizen, legal resident, or an immigrant or refugee actively pursuing permanent residence in the U.S.
NOT be enrolled in another college prep program (i.e. TRIO College First,
College Possible, etc.)
Ideally be in ELD 2 or higher as a 9th grader or ELD 3 or higher as a 10th grader.
Academic and career advising
High school success and college-prep workshops
College campus tours
Cultural enrichment activities
Field trips to museums and new experiences
Summer Program at Mt Hood Community (online until further notice)
College Preparation for college entrance exams
Assistance with college admission and financial aid applications
Make a commitment to participate in the Upward Bound Program throughout high school
Make plans to enter college after high school
Attend six weeks of summer programming
Come weekly to Upward Bound tutoring and activities
Participate in required number of Upward Bound academic, career, cultural and family activities
Give your best effort academically, maintaining above a 3.0 GPA or working to increase your Cumulative GPA by .25 each year
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information and get application materials. Applications can be sent to the same email address. Spaces are limited, apply soon!
Counseling Office Forms:
BYU Foreign Language Test Registration – see your School Counselor for a form
Early Release & Late Arrival Form – see your 20__ Google Classroom
Teacher Assistant Application – see your 20__ Google Classroom