- You AND your parents need to go online and get your FSA ID (Your login for FAFSA). It only take 5 minutes, and is necessary to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):
Go to the FAFSA website and follow the simple instructions.Click here for a video on how to fill out the FAFSA form
- Continue exploring colleges and begin filling out college applications. A great place to explore is the College Scorecard
- Scholarships – apply now! There is a long list available on the DDHS Career Center website
- If you are attending a Community College and have a 2.5 GPA and above, you may qualify for the Oregon Promise (what we keep hearing as “free community college”…although there are limits and stipulations.). Go to OregonStudentAid.gov to apply.
- The Scholarship Search– A helpful Powerpoint Presentation on scholarships!
- The OSAC Scholarship Application will open in November: Oregon students may explore over 500 privately-funded scholarships and apply for up to 40 with one application, Students must apply online at OregonStudentAid.gov and submit a completed OSAC scholarship application and all other required materials by March 1 at 5:00 p.m. Students who submit their applications by February 15 at 5:00 pm may be entered in a drawing to win a $1,000 OSAC Early Bird scholarship.
- Apply for local scholarships through the David Douglas Education Foundation
- Attend Upcoming Events:
- Back to School Night – September 27 – 4:30-6:30 pm- Assistance with FSA ID in the College & Career Center
Senior Meetings – September 22-October 4 – Individual Senior Appointments (Bring your questions!)
Parent and Student FAFSA Workshop Night- October 8 – 6:30-8 pm- DDHS – North Computer Lab
College & Trade Fair – October 24 – 1:30-3:30 – DDHS North Cafeteria
End of the year reminders – DDHS Junior Video