Welcome to the David Douglas High School Counseling Office!
Mission: Empower all students to reach their fullest potential by providing a comprehensive school counseling program to facilitate their academic, career, social, and emotional development.
We do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s color, sex, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Counselors are divided by student’s last name:
If you received a Half Grad postcard in April, it is because you are on track to have:
2.0 credits Math
2.0 credits Science
2.0 credits English
by the end of Sophomore year.
Stay tuned for the celebration in the fall.
Summer School 2018
Registration is open! See your counselor to register
- Location: DDHS North Building
- Dates: Thursday, June 21 – Friday, July 20, 2018 (Note: No School July 4 and July 5, 2018)
- Hours: 8:00am – 2:30pm
- Principal: Chris Mathews
- Contact: DDHS Counseling Office 503-261-8309
- Summer School is for David Douglas District students only
- Courses in the Summer School booklet will be offered only if a sufficient number of students sign up
Enrollment for 2018-19
You will need a scheduled appointment with your counselor. The counseling office is closed for summer June 22 through August 23, 2018.
Enrollment appointments are 30 minutes within the hours of 7:30am – 2:30pm.
Bring the following documents to your enrollment appointment:
Proof of Address (current utility bill or rental agreement)
Not sure which district? Search for your address here
Certificate of Immunization
High School transcript from previous school (10th-12th grade)
Copy of IEP (if applicable)
2018-19 Student Registration Day
Thursday August 23, 2018
7:30am – 5:30pm
For students who received a registration packet this summer, you will be able to:
- Pay fees
- Pick up your schedule
- Have your photo taken and get your ID card
**Bring the packet you received this summer!**
For newcomers to the USA who need to enroll in school:
- Bring a proof of residency in our district
(current utility bill or rental agreement)
- You will be able to fill out registration paperwork
- Testing will be available for students to determine ESL placement
College & Career Center – Find information on Scholarships, College Visitations and more!
2018-2019 Curriculum Guide -Course descriptions
Which lunch do I have? – Lunch Schedule by Room